EXCELS PLUS is the systemic process for school improvement used district wide. EXCELS PLUS Processes ensure continuous school improvement through analysis, action planning, professional development, implementation, monitoring and adjusting. The process is a cycle of predictable, repeatable steps to support schools in school improvement efforts. The continuous process of improvement encourages the pursuit of excellence and accomplishments of the Aims of the Omaha Public Schools.
WESTERN HILLS EXCELS GOALS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. All students will increase reading comprehension across all content areas.
2. All students will use math problem solving strategies in all areas of mathematics: number sense, algebra, geometry/measurement, data analysis/probability
3. Staff and students will maintain a positive, safe and secure learning environment where students thrive.
4. Staff and students will work collaboratively with parents and community members to create a positive learning environment.
5. All students will be provided the opportunity for participation in Western Hills extra value standards: Academic Enrichment, Electives, Expeditions.